Thursday, March 28, 2019

More Poppies!!!



Yeah...I know...
sooo many poppies!!!
I couldn't get enough of them!!!


Add that beautiful purple and little bit of yellow to the bright orange of the poppies...Wow!!!
Mother Nature in all her glory!


"The hills are alive..."


...with the sound of music and poppies fluttering in the breeze!


No people!!!
But I do see a face in the mountain every time
I see this one!


I love how the light fell on this lighter poppy...


Another plein air painter!


Did I mention there were a lot of people?
A couple taking a kissing selfie...
checking messages(even in the presence of such beauty?)...
...and more photographers with their cameras
in hand!


On our way out and back to the car I saw this mountain with the interesting textures along the sides...
...reminded me a bit of the Devil's Postpile in Mammoth!


I believe there was a path up there.


A poppy with fringe...is it a type of poppy?
Or was it from the wind?


Lots of green too!


Ooops...this one was in the last post...should I remove it?
...Nah...


And another of poppies against the bright blue sky!!!



"Summer set lip to earth's bosom bare,
And left the flushed print in a poppy there.
I will touch a hundred flowers
And not pick one."
Edna St. Vincent Millay

The people visiting the poppies ought to have
read this quote before visiting the poppies in Elsinore!


To visit more little corners of the earth...click on the images below.




28 comments:

  1. We drove north the other day but didn't go far enough. I wanted to avoid crowds so we took two-lane roads and explored. It was fun, and very green, but no poppies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you been to the Antelope Valley State Park? Much more civilized than Elsinore people...except for the stupid helicopter that landed!!! But it's supposed to be going crazy now.

      Delete
  2. I've been reading about the CA Super Bloom. Looks like it was blooming people, too. I read yesterday that someone landed a helicopter in the midst of a poppy field. Love your pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep...some crazy rich yahoos landed a helicopter right in the middle of a poppy field at our State Poppy Park! Otherwise, they're pretty civilized there! More rule enforcement...but what can you do when a helicopter drops out of the sky???

      Delete
  3. Oh my such beautiful photos. I've only ever seen poppies in red.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! It's so nice to see these pictures from Lake Elsinore. I've been reading about all the crowds there.
    Lovely to see artists at work, there. :) That's something we didn't get to see in Antelope Valley.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowww the landscape looks like a dream. Beautiful captures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spectacular shots! Such beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow,these are absolutely stunning, love your photos, I am following, greetings from Poland ☺

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you for sharing series of beautiful photos.
    have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! Such exquisite captures of these stunning poppies - thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, credit between individuals is a financial transaction to borrow money directly from people without the intervention of a bank. Most of the time, it's done in a family or friendly environment. But recently, you can borrow from a stranger. I am willing to offer loans to anyone with the ability to repay me without worries. I will be looking forward to dealing with you if you really need credit and if it's good will.

    E-mail: simondurochefort@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I love to read your comments and see where you all are from!!! I will respond as well as visit your sites!!!

Please note that if you are a Google+ member I won't be able to comment, but I will still visit your site!

Have a wonderful day!!!