Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Lotus: "Primordial Purity of Body, Speech and Mind"...


















































Lovely Lotus at the Japanese and Chinese gardens at the magnificent Huntington Library...


"[edit] Lotus

lotus flower
The lotus flower (Sanskrit: Padma), representing 'primordial purity' (Tibetan: ka dag) of body, speech, and mind, floating above the muddy waters of attachment and desire; represents the full blossoming of wholesome deeds in blissful liberation.[edit] Lotus"
Ashtamangala
Wikepedia

"You must be a lotus, unfolding its petals when the sun rises in the sky, unaffected by the slush where it is born or even the water which sustains it!"

Sai Baba










4 comments:

  1. You were at my house!

    Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I'd known...we could've had a cup of tea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous photos.
    Such wonderful colors and softness.
    Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Double "D"!!! I so appreciate your kind words!!! And welcome to my blog!!! I love getting feedback!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I love to read your comments and see where you all are from!!! I will respond as well as visit your sites!!!

Please note that if you are a Google+ member I won't be able to comment, but I will still visit your site!

Have a wonderful day!!!