Thursday, September 7, 2017

Our Little Corner of the World...Visiting Airlie Beach, Australia!!!



Our next stop was Airlie Beach...


We took the tender to the port.


...once there we walked along the bay to the main part of town...


...it was a lovely beach, a bit worse for wear after Cyclone Debbie.



Not sure how these boats survived the cyclone...I'm guessing they
were elsewhere?


We saw several boats that were beached as a result of the cyclone. 


Words of wisdom on the back of the rental car?


Quite a bit of damage done by Cyclone Debbie...
posting this certainly makes me think of the pending damage to our 
South East Coast of the US with Hurricane Irma on the warpath.
Prayers to all of you in her path...stay safe!


Lunch at a charming outdoor cafe!
I had fish n' chips...again!!!
Couldn't get enough of the Aussie's version of it!!!


Channeling a bit of Edgar Allen Poe???
(Yep...this is my paltry entry to Wild Bird Wednesday!
Well...it's a bird and it's wild!!!)


Right next to me at the cafe was this lovely bougainvillea!


Walking back to the ship, we caught a glimpse of it in all its glory!


I couldn't resist this shot...missing our Kelly!


I'm not so sure I'd want to rent this one...


I want a recumbent kayak!!!




To visit more little corners of the world, click on the images below!







15 comments:

  1. Looks like a pretty little Australian beach town, and one I'd like to visit!! The rental car graffiti made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting post. Enjoyed it very much.I had the pleasure of taking a cruise here sometime ago and loved every minute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful beach and lovely photos of a lovely time ~ fish ' chips sounds good ~ ^_^

    (A SHUTTERBUG EXPLORES)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such lovely shots. Sorry to hear you are having trouble leaving a comment on my blog. I haven't changed my settings or anything so don't know what the reason can be. Maybe your URL or something has changed?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The seem to like to paint up their cars with adverts. While the damage looks bad, I think Florida is in for something much worse :-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Wayne. I might stay in the basement for a cyclone, but I'd leave town for a hurricane the size of Irma. I hope everyone will be OK.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hadn't heard about the cyclone. How dreadful! With hurricanes, cyclones, earthquakes and who-knows-what-all, it seems the entire world is being battered by the weather.
    It breaks my heart that the man who dares to call himself 'the leader of the free world' insists upon denying climate change! One wonders if he really doesn't believe in it, or if he is 'acting as if' for the sake of his many red-neck admirers.
    Then add to the weather the reminder that so much of the world is at war, and the threat that North America is now the target-of-choice for nuclear missiles.
    Kay
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very entertaining, what with the camper quotes and yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those camper vans are not always as polite as the ones you showed!

    And I agree about the quality of the fish and chips here!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very dramatic sky! I don't know if that's remnants of the cyclone or just happened to be a cloudy day. The flower shot is gorgeous! Really beautiful country.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice photos Kathy! This really looks like a nice town, in a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great series of shots. Those vans are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I love to read your comments and see where you all are from!!! I will respond as well as visit your sites!!!

Please note that if you are a Google+ member I won't be able to comment, but I will still visit your site!

Have a wonderful day!!!