Friday, January 25, 2019

The End of the Day in Sedona...



Sunset is a special time of the day...
...especially in Sedona!


The golden hour colors reflected on the red rocks
seems to soften their starkness.


The shadows give a sense of mystery...


...and heighten the drama of the scene.


One of my goals while we were in Sedona was to capture
a Sedona sunset.
We went up to a spot overlooking the area and 
wrangled a spot amongst all the visitors, photographers et al.


A really nice gentleman offered to take our photo!

  
How can you not suspect that God exists
when observing the beauty of a sunset?


"When I admire the wonders of a sunset or the beauty of the moon,
my soul expands in the worship of the creator."
Mahatma Ghandi


To view more images from around the world, click on the images below...





24 comments:

  1. Glorious! Few places on earth as beautiful as Sedona, and you capture it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - fabulous scenery and sky shots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous rock formations! Such beautiful sky, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am absolutely amazed at the landscape of the southwestern US, the colors are so unlike what we have back east. Well photographed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Woody! Sedona is especially colorful! The first time I was there was over New Year's about 35 years ago. There was a dusting of snow on the tops of the red rock...it was stunningly beautiful! I got "Red Rock Fever" and started looking at jobs I could get! Didn't find one, but whenever I go back, I get a tinge of the fever again!!!

      Delete
  5. Ahhh, Sedona...yes, indeed beautiful. We vacationed there three years in a row. Could never get enough of Cathedral Rock, not to mention all the excellent hiking trails.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you! The Golden Hour in Sedona is when it's most beautiful!!!

      Delete
  7. What a wonderful place!
    What wonderful jobs! ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your high desert photos are wonderful as is the sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You certainly got a sunset photo, didn't you? That spark of light is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a gorgeous place! I have not been thee but now I would lofe to visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Southwestern USA at it's best!!! Thank you Nature Footstep!

      Delete
  11. Stunning! And a great place to be this time of the year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I love to read your comments and see where you all are from!!! I will respond as well as visit your sites!!!

Please note that if you are a Google+ member I won't be able to comment, but I will still visit your site!

Have a wonderful day!!!