Friday, November 23, 2018

Now...the North Rim of the Grand Canyon!



And I thought Zion was a tough place to photograph!!!


Ohhh My Gosh!!!
Harsh light...deep, deep shadows...


...I was either overexposing or underexposing...


...I have a vastly greater appreciation for any photographer
who gets the really fabulous Grand Canyon shots!


Thank Goodness for Lightroom!!!


The North Rim is spectacularly beautiful.


Staying at the Grand Canyon North Rim Lodge was a wonderful
experience!  The main lodge is right at the edge of the Canyon.
You have to get reservations a year in advance for the cottages.
Our first night was in the newest part of the lodge...a typical
small motel room...
Then we had an opportunity to upgrade for the second night...
which you'll see in the next post!!!


Suffice it to say...we enjoyed hanging out at the edge.
Dining in the original dining room...built in 1928...
with spectacular views of the canyon!


We didn't have far to walk for beautiful views all around the lodge.
But we did take a drive visiting Point Imperial, Vista Encantada,
Walhalla Overlook, and Cape Royal.


I didn't do the canyon justice...it's just so "grand" photographs
just don't compare!

More of the Grand Canyon to see in the next post!!!


Click on the images below to visit more little corners of the world!






21 comments:

  1. Well, I think you did quite well with your photos. It has been decades since I have been to the north rim and I am itching to get back.
    Lightroom is indeed a lifesaver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to the Grand Canyon. Your photos of it are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are lovely, and I've seen many beautiful photos of the Grand Canyon. But I don't think it's possible to do it justice. I've never seen a photo that does so! It simply can't be done! The only way to grasp the magnificence of it is to see it, and even then it's hard to conceive of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so agree Petrea! I actually got kind of depressed because the enormity of it was so daunting in a photographic kind of way!

      Delete
  4. Nicely done, it still takes my breath away. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning images, especially looking at them after enlargement!! My faves are #6 and #9...you can really sense the depth of field here. Just beautifully done...kudos. Thanks for the north rim...I have only experienced the south rim, so its nice to see there is not a helluva big difference in the vistas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful images! I've never been to the north rim, but it's on my to do list! Amazing about the year in advance reservations. I know what you mean about not being able to do it justice. As great as the photos are, it's never as good as being there live in person!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Grand Canyon is just soooo vast!!! And so breathtaking! Impossible to adequately photograph!!!

      Delete
  7. They are sceneries to lose words.
    The nature is the great, and you too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did an excellent job! These are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I love to read your comments and see where you all are from!!! I will respond as well as visit your sites!!!

Please note that if you are a Google+ member I won't be able to comment, but I will still visit your site!

Have a wonderful day!!!