Monday, March 2, 2015

Our Little Corner of the World...Hollywood style!!!




Marilyn lives on!!!




Hanging out at Grauman's Chinese Theater with a photography location class...

(I refuse to call it TCL Chinese Theater...to me it will always and forever be
Grauman's Chinese Theater!!!)

Turns out my best shot was a couple of doors down...

at Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum!!!

Brought back memories from high school...

a date...

a jeep...

Madame Tussaud's...

the jeep malfunctioning on the freeway going home...

coasting off the freeway...

being picked up by his parents...

finding out he wasn't supposed to drive the jeep on the freeway!!!

Oh well...just a little high school drama!!

(Pretty rowdy, eh???)


For more little corners of the world...click on the image below...

http://ourworldtuesdaymeme.blogspot.com/2015/03/our-world-first-week-of-march-edition.html


19 comments:

  1. There was one of these wax places somewhere in Niagara Falls- it probably still is there. I remember going in there as a kid and finding such figurines rather creepy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean William! It kind of creeped me out the first time I saw Madame Tussaud's!!! But Marilyn's, Marilyn!!! Can't get creeped out by her!!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! I don't do Google Circles and couldn't comment on your blog...Thanks for stopping by!!!

      Delete
  3. M was really attractive. She was made in Niagara Falls in the Museums.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That doesn't surprise me Carolann!!! I always connect her to Niagra Falls! One of her best movies...

      Delete
  4. I think I prefer the monochrome. Great use of aperture and rules of thirds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Woody!!! I couldn't decide between color and B&W...The B&W was more period specific, but the colors were vibrant!!! Thanks!!!

      Delete
  5. Cool memory! I didn't know the theater has a new name.
    Take 25 to Hollister

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently it's like Staples Center...they buy the naming rights. But they could at least still call it TLC Grauman's Chinese!!!

      Delete
  6. Oh those memories...
    I like the photo both ways!
    Well, I guess you really are here in SoCal now! I hope you are getting settled.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh those memories...
    I like the photo both ways!
    Well, I guess you really are here in SoCal now! I hope you are getting settled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Settled??? well...I suppose we're getting there!!!

      Delete
  8. Oh - a wonderful shot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much in your new corner of the world. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! It is fun!!! Lot's of interesting things to photograph!!!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I love to read your comments and see where you all are from!!! I will respond as well as visit your sites!!!

Please note that if you are a Google+ member I won't be able to comment, but I will still visit your site!

Have a wonderful day!!!